The Ships Atlas 17th Edition
The 17th Edition of The Ships Atlas builds upon over 30 years of port information research to provide its readers with location information and essential data on global ports and terminals.
This publication has three distinct sections starting with themed global maps on topical maritime subjects, such as MARPOL regulations, followed by over 60 pages of detailed map content created by our in-house cartographer Tony Gawn, and finishing with the comprehensive port and terminal index which provides more detail about the ports and terminals depicted within the map section.
The Ships Atlas enables you to:
- Obtain the precise coordinates for over 14,500 ports, harbours, terminals and marine facilities around the world
- Identify which specific facilities are available at that port using the port symbols
- Gather further port statistics and information from the index
- Obtain further regional specific details
- Determine the distance to other international ports using our distance tables
- View maps providing a wealth of useful information including Maritime Piracy Incidents, International Load Line Zones and Areas, Sensitive Sea Areas, MARPOL 73/78, Global Wind Patterns, Countries, Standard Time Zones, Ocean Currents, International Navigating Conditions and Global Distribution of Major Diseases (many sold separately)
- Access more comprehensive information on shipping facilities than any other commercial shipping atlas available including, the lat/long, UNLOCODE, maximum size vessel permissible, nearest airport, fuel and medical availability
The Ships Atlas can be used separately or in conjunction with Guide to Port Entry as a quick reference to the location and facilities available at the port, harbour or terminal.
- 14,500 ports, harbours, terminals and marine facilities
- Over 200 full colour maps
- 12 maritime themed A3 maps (many sold separately). These include:
- International Load Line Zones and Areas
- Sensitive Sea Areas
- MARPOL 73/78
- Additional Emissions Regulations
- Global Wind Patterns
- Maritime Piracy Incidents
- Standard Time Zones
- Ocean Currents
- International Navigating Conditions
- Global Distribution of Major Diseases
- Shipping Chokepoints.
- Unique port symbols detailing types of cargo handled at that port and the drydock availability
- Regional and international distance tables
- Comprehensive port information index detailing:
- Latitude and longitude
- Maximum size vessel permissible
- Nearest airport
- Fuel availability
- Medical availability
- Includes FindaportCD, providing users with digital access to port locations and information
- 1066 new ports added to the map and index content
- 3000 updates to the index content
- 2 new themed maps: Additional Emissions Regulations and Shipping Chokepoints
Additional Emissions Regulations map illustrates the regions where additional regulations are in-force to protect local air quality in California (USA), the EU and China, together with summary boxes beneath the map to provide more information.
The new Shipping Chokepoints map provides an overview of the world’s most congested canals and waterways.
- The MARPOL 73/78 map details the new IMO regulations for the polar waters area and expanded details covering Annex VI Regulation 13 & 14
- The Sensitive Sea Areas map includes the new “South-west Coral Sea Extension” Particularly Sensitive Sea Area (PSSA), “Jomard Entrance” PSSA and “Aleutian Island Archipelago” Area to be Avoided (ATBA)
- The River Plate to Paranagua map has been expanded to provide you with as much clarity as possible and to show greater coverage of the South American coastline
- All maps have been revised and index content reviewed