The 2013/2014 Edition of Guide to Port Entry is now available to purchase
- Includes QR codes for access to updated information New Feature
- Over 6,500 A4 pages - 3,500+ of port information
- Over 4,800 plans and mooring diagrams, 283 of which are new
- Over 9,700 ports, terminals and places
- 110 new entries
- Nearly 3,000 terminals
- Includes 2,700 Reports of Actual Conditions Experienced
- 60% of updates received directly from port authorities
- No advertising, no duplication
We are pleased to offer members of the Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers a 10% discount on all of our products.
Shipping Guides have been highly commended for a major publishing industry award for work they undertook in bringing FindaportCD to market in January 2012.
Along with their development partners, Silicon Valley-based Cogniance, Shipping Guides were nominated, and highly commended, for the IT Development Team of the Year Award at the prestigious Professional Publishers Association (PPA) Digital Publishing Awards in the City of London.
Shipping Guides supports Day of the Seafarer
25 June 2012
"It came by sea and I can’t live without it!"
Maritime transport affects the lives of ordinary people every day and to emphasis this we at Shipping Guides wanted thank seafarers around the globe for delivering our favourite household items.
THANK YOU SEAFARERS!
Shipping Guides Ltd are please to present FindaportCD and FindaportAPI, two new products designed to simplify access to port information. These products contribute to the Findaport series which also includes Findaport.com, an online port information resource, released in 2010.
The Findaport series combines all of the extensive information contained within The Ships Atlas and the leading port information publication Guide to Port Entry, which make these digital products the most comprehensive available to the maritime industry.
Seamanship Library to incorporate Guide to Tanker Ports
Witherby Publishing Group and Shipping Guides Ltd are delighted to announce an agreement to produce an eBook of Shipping Guides’ ten volume publication ‘Guide to Tanker Ports’ (GTTP), available for purchase either as a module within the ‘Seamanship Library’ or as a standalone eBook.
‘GTTP’ is the definitive tanker port reference manual specifically designed to meet the port information needs for tanker Masters and owners/operators.
Ports and terminals meeting required criteria can be found with just a few simple clicks.
FindaportCD enables you to:
- search for ports meeting specific criteria. Search by coordinates, country, name, port facilities, cargo types and drydock sizes.
- locate over 9,000 ports, harbours, terminals and marine facilities around the world.
identify which specific facilities are available at that port using the port symbols,
e.g. types of cargo handled and dry docks.
- view the port’s summary at a glance, as well as the detailed port information listed in over 70 headings.
- view over 5,600 port plans and 1,000 photographs, covering port layouts, approaches, berthing, moorings and equipment.
- view Reports of Actual Conditions Experienced (ACE Reports) provided by those at the forefront of the maritime industry. Over 2,500 in total.
- save your favourite ports
- print and save port information to the local PC
- email port information (internet connection required).
- check for more recent updates using our online service, findaport.com, which is updated daily. (internet connection required)
Director, Feargal Hogan, speaks at the PPA Data and Digital Publishing Conference on Public Sector Information.
With the Government consulting on the formation of a Public Data Corporation, Feargal was part of the panel to debate how it should be structured and what publishers should do to continue to create viable business opportunities.